Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another Stage of An Adult Life

It is 10rd Sept, last Wed 6th Sept is my convo....yes...my convo...at last..i'm a graduate. This doesn’t only meant that I finally completed all the compulsory study I need but this also marks the beginning of an adult life…a working adult life…...or I should say…low paid working adult. Luckily I’ve found myself a low pay job mid of last month and I’ll commence to start work this Mon 11th Sept. After this, what I should do? Work my ass off? Then spend as less as possible to save and buy a car? Do investments? Buy a property?? Well my plan is to first get a quality yet affordable car then buy a property which I can rent it out. The tenant can then pay the installment for the property for me. So the end results, I have a property which can also be called as investment la.

Cars are liability NOT a property. So it meant to depreciate over time. So u practically dump your hard earn money every month into the thin air. Conversely, a property is different. If the property is located in a nice area. Price will be good la. Hence it’s a great way to keep money as good property can fetch high price over time. This is the one of the many disadvantages of being a Malaysian. Buying a low quality but expensive car like a Proton or spent an outrages amount of money to buy a Toyota Vios? Well if possible I rather spent on a Toyota rather than a Proton. If not possible, a Perodua MYVI with Toyota genes also better than any Proton model.

For a car enthusiast like me, there’s simply not enough choice for the bracket of RM50K. Other than MYVI, there is simply no other choice.

A Proton u suggests! Over my dead body! I rather not change my old wira for a lower quality Gen2 or Waja. Sigh…if only the car prices in Malaysia are much lower. Imagine a Toyota Vios in Thailand only cost rm50K while we’re getting lower spec version for min rm76K. Even the great seller Toyota Yaris also about rm50K in Thailand but here we’re getting it almost rm100K. What’s the point!!

If I’m purchasing a vios for example, with 20K deposit and about 60K loan over 7 years, I need to pay about rm850 ringgit per month. This is totally absurd.

As most of us know, living in KL without a car meant it’s a nightmare. So a car is a necessity. But with the rising oil price and tolls, it is also a problem. So basically it’s all boils down to MONEY. With money who cares about depreciation on cars. You can own dozens of them. MONEY you cant really live without. MONEY is everything. Without MONEY, we cant do many things. MONEY is a must. Our life basically evolved around MONEY! MONEY MONEY MONEY! We cant get enough of them and we’ll never will.

9th September 2006

No comments: